We are happy to present the third and final installment of our New Weird Asheville compilation series, featuring 18 local sound artists/groups with album art by Luke Puke! Download here and see below for the tracklist.
1. Thai Food Duo - Small Enough to Know You, Large Enough to Serve You
2. Break The Night - Procession
3. Abraham Leonard - Worth Determined By Fear
4. Date Night - meetmeinthemagic
5. Derek Poteat - Carnal Piety
6. Páciens Trine - Points Of Lights
7. Morbids - Emily Dickinson
8. Christian Church - A Time Of Refreshing Worship
9. Kurma - The Harbinger
10. Chorus House - White Box
11. Ffogg - Shadow Tones
12. Grammer School - Gel and Weave
13. Face Eater - Copperhead 8*22
14. Southern Racing Inferno - Folding Space
15. Pilgrim - Perfect Understander
16. Oriana and the Master Cylinders - Gabor
17. Body of John the Baptist - Untitled
18. The Night Lights - Rowdy
Click here to see all our Instagrams from our 2-day local music showcase, Haunted Days, that happened during Moogfest weekend. We want to thank all the bands involved: Albert Adams, Morbids, Chorus House, Alligator Indian, Date Night, Balloon Animal Farm, Grounded, Housefire, The Decent Lovers, Thai Food Duo, and The Charlotte Hornets. We’d also like to thank our local sponsors: Make Noise, Harvest Records, and Downtown Books & News. And of course, Apothecary for being such an amazing and accommodating space. Can’t wait for next year!
Also, extra special thanks to Spooky Bubble for her fantastically frightening flyer based around a horrific Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark illustration.
This Thursday, October 4th, our second Dads Don’t Dance is happening at Apothecary. This month, our dance party will be helmed by Sumsun. He’ll be debuting some new material and then DJing before he heads out on the road opening for Sleigh Bells and araabMUZIK. Doors at 9pm, music from 10pm-1am. $2 to enter. Radical flyer by kiddyp00l. Get ready, Asheville.
Amy Hood and Violet Tucker caught the intimate action of the first SWAMPING dance party, Dads Don’t Dance. The first Thursday of every month, we’re throwing it down at Apothecary along with the best electronic musicians around DJing. September featured East Coast Trade Company plus visuals by kiddyp00l. Join us next month!—
Violet Tucker took a bunch of awesome photos at Warehouse 10 of the RAD Fest after party we threw w/ Chiffon, Alligator Indian, Lands & Peoples, house music by Advertise, and art installations by Annette Griffin and Violet.—